Awards of Love and Inspiration
Happy June, everyone!
I know it’s been a short while since I’ve last been on here, and I do apologize for that. I’m simply relishing my summer by lounging about and watching time slip by. :P
But to kick off my series of posts for June, I’m finally following through on some awards I have been nominated for (and if I have overlooked anyone who has nominated me for one of these or any other award, I apologize).
These two ladies have been dedicated followers of this site for quite some time now – with Janet being the one of my first followers. They are both incredibly talented writers, and I’ve come to consider them both my blogging friends. :)
To receive such an award from them is truly an honor, for I believe my highest calling is to inspire people; it is the singular driving force behind all that I do. If I can imapact someone and compel them to feel/act/believe/do, then I have achieved my ultimate goal. So thank you, Gayle and Janet, from the depths of my heart, for such a wonderful award, and for even considering my nomination. Words cannot fully express my gratitude, but I hope this paragraph is sufficient. ;P
And now for the second award that I am accepting! Once again, I have been nominated by the ever-charming Gayle, but this time for the One Lovely Blogger Award.
I’m not really sure how “lovely” I am, but I guess I am lovely enough to get nominated for such an award, so I accept it with a gracious smile. Gayle is a somewhat new follower of mine, and I of hers, and I have greatly enjoyed her presence on this site. She’s an incredibly insightful and dynamic writer, and I always find myself caught up in her words. But now I’m veering off track.
Thank you, Gayle. :)
Now, onto the rules of these awards!
I am supposed to share seven facts about myself for each award, so I will be sharing fourteen. I am also supposed to nominate x amount of bloggers for each award, but I will simply nominate those whom I (try to) follow regularly. :P
1. I just graduated from community college with an Associate in Arts Degree.
2. Starting the week after next, I will be starting my first non-retail job (YAY!)
3. After frequent usage, I’ve come to like Twitter more than Facebook.
4. I’ve never eaten authentic Chinese food, but I love Chinese fast-food. :P
5. When I go to Six Flags, I ride every ride with my arms in the air.
6. Words cannot convey the depth of my love of thunderstorms (it’s probably a Texas thing).
7. I drove through a tornado (and I still haven’t gotten my car fixed).
8. I broke my cardinal rule and wrote fanfiction. Once. And I will never do it again.
9. I am an incredibly empathetic person. So much so that I almost always get a lump in my throat whenever someone tells me about a great accomplishment or goal they’ve acheived – I’m just so happy for them! But seriously, I have to check myself quite often. Tragic scenes in animated movies are the worst, though. Especially ones featuring adorable children. Their sad little faces make me want to shed man-tears and cuddle them and tell them everything will be okay by the end of the movie. Dx
10. Back to food, I’m not a very daring person when it comes to trying new things. I’ve been told I am “picky,” but I prefer the term “selective.” I will try new things, though. So long as it’s not soup. Or strange vegetables. Or any kind of internal organs. ;P
11. I’m an English Major now! For those of you who follow these things, you know I originally wanted to major in Communications, but I think English better suits me. I’m still going to Minor in Speech, but an English Major (with an emphasis in Creative Writing) simply sounds divine. ^_^
12. I want to live in a small house away from the chaos of society. A little country town would be fine, but the hustle and bustle of big cities stresses me out (even though I still think they’re awesome).
13. I admire authors who put their characters through hell and/or kill them off. It takes guts to do that.
14. I used to get really upset whenever book-based movies didn’t follow their source material, but now I’m ambivalent. It’s too exhausting to get upset over the stupidity of Hollywood – they will never get any smarter, so why even waste your time? Just re-read the book. xP
And now, onto the nominees!
In no particular order, they are as follows:
David – http://francisbarkerart.com/
Angela – http://angelahickman.wordpress.com/
Lauren – http://lscotthoughts.com/
Miss D – missdemurerestraint.wordpress.com/
Enreal – http://enreal.me/
All of these bloggers deserve your time, and the recognition these awards will give them. I enjoy reading and digesting their insights and feelings, and I believe you would too. So give them a chance and let them surprise you; they have all surprised me more than once. :)
And with that, I’m done! Again, thank you to those who nominated me for these two awards, and for those of you have have nominated me in the past of other awards. Your thoughtfulness touches me, and I truly appreciate it. :)
Now, let’s all have a Happy June! ^_^